Wednesday, July 1, 2009

tea for two...

Nearly two months after our last post, it seems like a good time to update again. In some ways, life has changed a lot since May. In other ways, it's pretty much the same. We are still living in Chicago but at a new location. We have been amazingly blessed by people willing to open up their homes to us as we sit at this particular juncture. That's a great thing. We are also both working, which is also great. Dan loves working at CRiCK again this summer and my job as a CNA has been going well enough.

Life is right now. It feels like we have been at a crossroads for some time now without much definite direction. It will come in time but it is increasingly difficult to continue to be patient. I think the hardest part of all of this is the lack of a definite time line. We have a tentative one planned out, but we can't hold too tightly to it because God has this funny way of changing our plans to something better.

As I look back at this post, I realize that it sounds fairly cryptic. I personally find it difficult to be concrete when so much is unknown. I told someone today that life is "okay". I think that is a good way to describe it. It is certainly not horrible but it is not the best it could be. It is okay. And that is okay for now.

2 comments:

melbys said...

aw. i miss you guys. i am still (perhaps selfishly) praying that god calls you to c-u! oh how happy that would make me. and like would be more than okay here, i'd make sure of it! but no, truthfully, we are praying that god reveals his glorious plan for your life in his time (but soon!) - wherever that may be. :)

Ingrid said...

Sounds about like where I'm at right now (except for the 'two' part, which adds to the test of patience). Month 13 of limbo, treading water and trying to find meaning in the in-between and hang on to hope of something better.

Love it that Dan's still at CRiCK. Tell that dear crazy crew that the Northwest is treating me well and I miss them.