Thursday, December 6, 2007

an understanding update

Annie came to the fun realization the other day that teaching in the Chicago Public School system has given her the confidence to teach almost anywhere. She is enjoying having the same students daily, and is encouraged by the interactions with them. Most of them postive. As for me, it is a week before finals. I developed a cirriculum for teaching an inductive bible study on the Lord's Prayer, which has been extremely rewarding. I have also been able to reflect more on an ongoing thought that I have been in process with since 2001 dealing with the reality of the world and our interaction in it under God supreme control and will. The thought has most recently been sparked by discussions concerning the life and trials of Job and utilizes the study that I have done previously in the realm of chaos theory. I will continue to process through things and hopefully develop something of substance. Other than that, life is going along well. A reflective birthday post is on its way, I promise.

1 comment:

chris ridgeway said...

I stole six sheets of college-ruled notebook paper from your desk.