Thursday, April 10, 2008

the pandas are coming

life continues to keep us busy. I successfully completed the Shamrock Shuffle on March 30th in 51:59. (Better than any of my training times!). Pictures will be posted soon. I am in the second week of a new job as a building substitute up in Gurnee. This means that I work set hours (8-4), show up each morning not knowing exactly what I will be doing for the day, and often find myself with extra time during the day. (and by extra time, I mostly mean time when we might be working on data entry with no particular time we need to be finished by or on a project where we can watch a movie or something while we work on it). There are 4 other people who do the same job as me and we share a tiny little office. It's not a bad job...just very different from what I was doing before. Dan is still in school and now we are spending more of our [limited] time together talking about what our future will look like post-seminary. It's actually pretty exciting to have so many possibilities in front of us. Our summer in Minnesota is also coming up. We are looking forward to the time we will have around friends we don't see very often and the chance for Dan to learn more about what the future holds through the CPE program. And finally, we're heading up to Carthage on Saturday to see Counting Crows. Woohoo! It should be a good time. :)

No comments: